Slice of Life #10

   As I sit on the wheelchair outside of he X- Ray room (I think that’s what it’s called) I’m getting ready for the amount of pain I’m going to get in my leg. I wanted to get my crutches already because I had been hopping back and forth all day. As I’m having a little movie in my head, something had to ruin it. I see a man probably in his mid 30’s walk through the door and he says “are you Katelynn?” And I obviously said “yes.”
  After the numerous amount of questions that I had been asked repetitively today, he got a good grip of the handles of the wheelchair and pushed me into what looked like a really creepy room. I have a little alarm inside of me that goes off when I see metal tables because they look kind of creep. But this metal table had a white blanket on top so it wasn’t going off like crazy. He pushed me towards that table and tried to get me up. I wanted to do things myself because I wasn’t going to take the risk of getting hurt, and so I did. I hopped on the table and laid down, just staring at the big ceiling in front of me that had pipes on it. The man said “this isn’t going to hurt one bit” so I actually believed him just until I had to move my knee.
  A few of the pictures were taken on my knee and this was the one picture that was going to kill me, he said “I’m going to need you to move your leg sideways” and so I moved my leg sideways and it hurt like someone was hitting my leg with a metal pole. And as I’m grabbing my knee he decided to take the most longest time, I had a little tear going down the sid rod my face already. I felt the heat on my face in which I knew my face was red. He said “all done” for me it felt like the most relieving thing ever.
  He popped me back on the wheelchair and out to wait for the X-Ray pictures, I was in shock because he said that it wasn’t going to hurt. I don’t think I was scared of the picture taking but moving my knee. But thankfully I made it out of the X-Ray room without getting really hurt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my Blog

We Movement

Opposing View on Captivity